Wednesday 7 December 2016

It is hard to find a true friend here!

It really is if this is how you define it:
It simply means that a true friend will let you be yourself and never ever judge you. This is the kind of friend I'm looking for, and I'm 99% sure that I will never find it around here. 

I know someone who will come to me if they want to talk to someone. Of course I listen to them and never judge them. I have no doubts that I'm very open minded (at least compared to the typical kind of people in my hometown). However, when I need to talk to somebody and I decide to talk to them, they start judging me, making me feel uncomfortable about myself. 

This is really annoying. I mean it really hurts. Sometimes I wonder for how long I can keep myself together. Please don't think that I'm bragging or something, but I do think that my way of thinking is very different from most people here. Many many people have asked me if I was raised and educated in Muscat, since they get the vibe that I don't act and talk like a typical Dhofari young woman lol. Some others actually thought I got my schooling in Europe lolol. I was raised and educated in Dhofar. I did only my BA in Muscat. 

It's funny how I confuse people with my personality lol. I remember some people at University ask me if I'm a foreigner (Saudi, Egyptian, Jordanian, etc). It's all because of my personality and how I behave.

Since people would say those things to me, you can guess how lonely I feel sometimes. Lol. The feeling that you don't fit in a place or time, is one of the worst feelings ever. 

I may sound pessimistic to say that I'm sure that I won't find a true friend here, but I can't help but think it's true lol. I don't really want to explain why I think there's about zero possibility to find that unjudgemental true friend. 

Today I found myself fantasising about having a true friend lol.  I'm on the edge of mental breakdown and I'm looking for things to help me out. I wish i could find a friend.  Only one person I can open up to will be enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment